September 25, 2012

Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes


So another week and another baking session gone. I made those on Saturday as we were going to the baptism of our goddaughter on the Sunday and I thought I could take it with us...and completely forgot, but that's another story!
I found this recipe on The Little Loaf, which has some proper yummy recipes (I think I say that a lot about many blogs, but hey it only means that there is an incredibly huge amount of savoury and sweet tasty recipes out there to explore!).
I absolutely love brownies so the thought of making it so that it was bite size was just too much and I had to try it.
Ingredients:
200g dark chocolate, chopped
75g unsalted butter
60g golden syrup
3 medium eggs
75g light brown sugar
110g golden caster sugar
75g plain flour
15g cocoa powder, sifted
Handful of cocoa chips (optional - I used some white chocolate ones as it's Christoph's favourite)
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C.
In their recipe they used an eight hole muffin tin but I wanted to have them slightly smaller so I used a cupcake tin with some cute cupcake cases and it made 16 in total!
Melt the chocolate and butter in a bain marie, stir in the golden syrup and leave it to cool.
Whisk the eggs together with the brown and caster sugars until pale and thick, add the chocolate mixture carefully to not add to much air to the mixture. Fold in the flour and cocoa powder.
Pour the mixture into your prepared tin, filling practically to the top as they won’t rise very much. Sprinkle the cocoa bits if using. Although if you are using white chocolate I would recommend pushing them in a little as you can see mine crisped up a little - it was still super yummy and didn't affect the taste but looks wise if I am honest it kinda did. Oh well, Christoph didn't seem to mind!
Bake for 18 – 25 min if using the muffin tin, otherwise bring down the baking time to about 13 minutes and check if it needs more time. You definitely don’t want to over bake these. "The middle should still have some wobble and a toothpick inserted should come out with moist crumbs clinging to it".
Remove from the oven and allow to cool if you can wait!
                                                                              xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment