February 08, 2012

An evening of "getting things done"

First day back in work today, I feel totally exhausted, I felt a bit rough while in work, hot and cold all day, I think it's just my body feeling drained. So to remedy the lack of sleep that both Christoph and myself have been subjected to for quite a while now by either one of us - or both at the same time - being ill , it is Nytol time! I am hoping this will help us both sleep, although I will be the only one taking it as if I sleep, he sleeps. If I don't sleep...you see what I'm saying.



So I left work at 5pm and went straight to the The Brazilian Waxing Company beauty salon as I had booked an appointment ages ago and I really didn't want to miss it as it is so difficult to get one at the times I am available. So despite the fact that I really wanted to go home, I dragged myself down there for a session of Brazilian waxing (so was not in the right frame of mind for that today!!) and some eyebrow threading. Basically being tortured for 40 min...so worth it though as I feel human again.

Once I got home it was time to do some wedding emailing: first, Wooldridge and Sleep the florist - Jenny our florist is so sweet! I think that we made our minds up about wanting her to be part of it the moment we saw her; and secondly wedding invitations email - Our friend was no longer able to do them due to her house being burgled...we went through quite a stressful week or so as you can imagine (how selfish do I sound! Fuck the fact she got burgled, I need my invites man! ha ha joking...)  - I think we have actually managed to find someone this last minute so it is all very go go go at the moment as we need to get them out as soon as possible  It hasn't been confirmed yet but hopefully by the end of the week we will have the order put through.

And I did all of this (it's not much thinking about it, but felt like a mission) sat in the living room!!!!! I might sound unnaturally excited about this but I have been living in a bedroom for so long that I forgot I live in a 2 bedroom apartment, feels so biiiiiiiiiig! And I am writing this post sat at my craft space with a big mug of chamomile tea - oh yeah living the high life baby! - and browsing my newly bought Kirstie Allsopp Craft book, which is really cute. I love the fact that it is not only about sewing or embroidery but also about baking - one of my favorite things to do - and other crafts. The projects are really sweet and things that I would actually like to make.

DAM! It's Masterchef night! Gotta go!! I love Masterchef more than I love you all...Sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment