Anyway, I was thinking about bananas. And no this is not random thank you very much, it is a follow up to my last post where I mention just how many bananas I eat and that got me thinking about them. See it all makes sense.
I decided to research a few facts about bananas and I thought I'd share my findings with you. That's how generous I am.
I never thought that there was so many website dedicated to bananas! It's amazing. And there are so many facts! So I decided to only put here the ones that I think are most interesting:
- Some horticulturists suspect that the banana was the earth's first fruit. One of the first records of bananas dates back to Alexander the Great's conquest of India where he first discovered bananas in 327 B.C. (OMG bananas are older than Jesus!)
- In 2001, there were more than 300 banana-related accidents in Britain, most involving people slipping on skins. (300!!! haha this is just brilliant!!)
- You can buy banana beer, the beer is brewed from bananas. (I've had it before and let me tell you...Ewww! It's not for me!)
- Eating a banana can cheer you up! (not sure if it's because of what's in them or the fact that you can draw on them...)
- Banan means finger in Arabic (A cluster of bananas is called a hand and the bananas are known as fingers - see what I did there? A fact within a fact!)
- Bananas are radioactive (holy crap! maybe this means I will turn into my own banana superhero!)
- Last but not least: we share 60% of our DNA with a banana! (I swear! I read it here, and I believe EVERYTHING on the internet)
Moral of the story: I am not weird with my banana eating habit; bananas are awesome, they are full of good stuff for you, they are old as hell (or Jesus) , they make you happy and there is a chance that if you believe in it enough that it will give you superpowers...AMAZING!