March 10, 2012

How to get lovely waves


I found this out completely by accident, because I was late for work last Friday and I didn't have time/couldn't be bothered doing anything with my hair. Now, I have no idea if this is actually something everyone knows and I just think I have invented something which I totally haven't but it doesn't matter. If it works with my hair who has a mind of it's own it is my duty to tell anyone that might not know about this little trick!
 So, having been unintentionally successful with this  I decided to have another go to check it wasn't a fluke...
1 - Wash your hair and dry it until it's slightly damp (or slightly spray dry hair if you don't want/need to wash it!)

2 - Divide your hair in the middle as if you were going to make plaits. Twist your hair (before I do this I tend to put some anti-frizz gel on my hair)

3 - Roll the twisted bit of hair as if you were Princess Leia in Star Wars! Put a hair bobble to hold it together. It will droop like so above. Do the same to the other side.

4 - As I tend to do this in the morning, as that is when I wash my hair, and I need to go to work so I just put an Alice band on to pretend it is all on  purpose and part of the look! (you can also see just how frizz prone my hair is!)




5 - Remove the bobbles at the end of the day when you get back home et Voila! You can make them as relaxed as you want, here on the left they are quite tight as I had just removed it. But if you run your hand through it you can get to whichever point you like best, pic on right. They will also last through to the next day, even after sleeping on it, and still look beautiful.


Enjoy!


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment